If you get this message when loading up a Spitfire instrument, please follow the steps below.
This error requires a clean reinstall of the instrument.
1. Close your DAW
2. Launch the Spitfire Audio App and log in
3. Find the instrument in question by searching in the top right hand corner
4. Click on the instrument artwork
5. Click the "cog" in the bottom right and choose reset
6. Click install
7. Choose the location you wish to store the sample content for the instrument
8. Select install
9. Once done, launch your DAW again and reopen the instrument
As well as following the above steps, if you are using Windows on a non-administrator account, please continue with the following:
1. Locate the "spitfire.properties" file. This will likely be found at:
2. Move the "spitfire.properties" file into your User account, which will be located at:
Note: This file location is likely hidden by default. You can make these folders visible by ticking the appropriate box for hidden items in the 'view' tab of file explorer.
3. Once done, launch your DAW again and reopen the instrument.
If this doesn't work, please click the chat icon in the bottom right of your screen and talk to us so that we can help. If you don't see the chat icon, click on the "help" icon with the question mark and submit a ticket.