Error #1 usually occurs when the plugin is unable to load the patches and presets in a library. It may be caused by missing patches and presets, or whenever a library is moved to a new machine and hasn't been repaired.
If you get this message when loading up a Spitfire instrument, please follow the steps below.
This error means that the instrument is failing to find any presets/patches.
- Close your Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) and find your Library Contents Folder in the location you installed the library to.
- Click on the Library folder, and delete the Patches and Presets folders found within.
- Go to the Spitfire Audio App, click on the Library Artwork, and Repair the Library by clicking on the cog and selecting Repair. On the next page, make sure you select the Library Folder as the destination for Repair. If you are using LABS, you should select Repair All LABS.
- Once the repair is complete in the Downloads Tab, close the Application and open the plugin in your DAW. The plugin should now work with the most up-to-date patches and presets.
- If there is still an error with your plugin, please contact support by clicking the "Help" or "Chat" icon in the bottom right hand corner of this page and make sure you attach your plugin log in order to assist our troubleshooting:
Click here to find out how to produce a plugin log.
If you are using Mac M1, please see the video below for M1 specific instructions.
If you are using M1 compatible libraries and continue to see Error 1 using Cubase 12, please see this article