Spitfire plug-in libraries are authorised per machine when installing. By default, you can not currently share a library between two computers from the same drive. We have detailed a workaround for this below, but please be advised that this will disable the Mode Switching feature in BBC Symphony Orchestra.
1) Download and install your library on your main computer to your portable drive.
2) Plug your hard drive into your second computer.
3) Inside the library folder, create a sub folder called Laptop, or iMac
(it is important this folder is identifiable to the system)
4) Inside the above folder, create a folder with the exact library name. For example: Spitfire Audio - Hans Zimmer Strings.
Note: The above image shows a holder for the second install as described in point 4. The Patches, Presets and Samples folder are for the previous install on the original computer. (Do not overwrite these)
5) On your second system, open the Spitfire Audio App. Repair the library into the custom created location. In this case
Spitfire Audio - Hans Zimmer Strings > iMac > Spitfire Audio - Hans Zimmer Strings
This link shows you how to repair a library
6) Once repaired, you see new patches and presets set up for your second system.
Relocating the Samples
Having repaired the files, you need to locate the sample content.
1) Open Spitfire.Properties in a text document. (Mac OS: Text Edit) (Windows: Note Pad)
Windows: C:/Users/[username]/AppData/Roaming/Spitfire Audio/Settings/spitfire.properties
Note: The above location is hidden by default. Instruction on displaying hidden folders in Windows 10 can be found here.
Mac OS: User/Music/Spitfire Audio/Settings/spitfire.properties
Note: Prior to this, on MAC, ensure smart quote are not enabled in the Text Edit Preferences.
2) Find the library in this text document.
Edit the samples line to reflect the samples folder location.
In this case the samples folder is two above so the user would need to remove:
iMac\/Spitfire Audio - Hans Zimmer Strings\/
If your library has a Config folder also, please ensure that this too resides within the subfolder, again, the only line in the properties file that should be changed is the Samples line: