Why Is My Download Slow/Stuck?

Follow

Comments

20 comments

  • Jonathan Marshall

    Switching from cloudfront to s3 worked for me. Many thanks for the tip. Jonathan

    1
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Igor Ionium

    Jonathan Marshall +1, with "cloudfront" server download doesn't work at all.

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Simon Roberts

    I know Sandy will sort me out, but was a bit confused - my im.conf document doesn't seem to have the code that they quote in point 3, so I had no choice other than to get in touch, as I don't know how to switch from cloudfront to S3.

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Josh Matich

    Yeah changing the download server worked for me

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Kevin Gibbs

    I haven't changed the download server. I seem to be hung on two files:
    777414-1687305.part and
    777414-1687306.part. Both are in Solo Strings. Tried deleting these without success. What to do?

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Kevin Gibbs

    Tried re downloading to another drive which also failed. Message keeps hanging on 20/22 downloaded. 20/22 merged. have stopped and restarted any number of times. What to do? Put in ticket request and will eventually get this working, I'm sure.

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Neil Smit

    I have exactly the same problem with Solo Strings as Kevin above. 

    Kevin, have you resolved this issue yet?

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Kevin Gibbs

    No, I have not and I'm upset about it. when did you download this instrument? Can't imagine it was always this way or people would have complained before now. I think there's a technical glitch and no one is minding the store. as we say in the States.

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Josh Matich

    Kevin Try changing the download server to s3 if you are on cloud front or change it to cloud front if you are on s3

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Neil Smit

    Kevin, I downloaded on Saturday and since then has tried everything I can think of including Josh's suggestion above.

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Camila Cairo

    I tried changing text to "s3" and it didn't work, I tried changing it back to "cloudfront" and the app still won't work. Please, help!

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • John Hinchey

    On Mac, make sure you uncheck the Smart Quotes in preferences before you edit the text file! I didn't and got an error when I tried to reboot. But if you go back and delete Im.conf, it will create a new one next time you boot up, you can then go back and edit in text edit with Smart Quotes unchecked. At least that is what worked for me and now the file is downloading.

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • David Ortolivo

    Not having any luck downloading either. The Spitfire app hangs for several minutes when I launch it, and my recently-purchased library doesn't load its art in the "My Products" page. When I try to download it, it never progresses past 0%, and changing the download server didn't help.

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Jason Avila

    I'm trying to download Albion ONE using the downloader. For some reason it gets stuck at 95% done and then the app quits. When I install Albion ONE it starts at 11GB and downloads on top of the pre-existing library.

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Sarah Talbot

    Changing the server to 's3' worked for me. :)

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Matthew Jones

    Same error happening for me with the labs drums. On Mac and have turned off my firewall/allowed the Spitfire app, changed download server, removed all .part files, restarted the download several times and have more than enough storage space. This happened a few months ago with the drums as well, thought I'd give it another go but no to avail.

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Oliver Schwarz

    Changing the server and all other points above didn't worded for me!

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Oliver Schwarz

    ...didn't worked....sorry!

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Ashleigh Allan

    Same issues downloading Bernard Herrmann for PC... have tried all solutions listed above. It was working on 13th May but after shutting down PC and restarting the download was hanging at 77.20 GB. Deleting the latest .part file made a difference - it jumped up to 125.25 GB downloaded and the Mbps was above 0.0 - but then it froze. After deleting a second .part file it's stuck on 77.20 GB again.

    What's more frustrating is that it was fully downloaded a few days ago but as I ran out of drive space (it's 136 GB!) I don't think it unpacked properly, meaning I had all the Advanced articulations but none of the main screens grouping, for example, all strings in one.

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • amritha vaz

    changing the server to s3 worked brilliantly - thank you!

    0
    Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.