No sound on BBC SO

Comments

5 comments

  • KEVIN BAKER

    I have issues with getting too little sound from some tracks, and sometimes getting no sound at all.

    Troubleshooting can be tricky because there are many ways to get less or no sound.  So you have to be a scientist and devise experiments to rule things out one by one:

    Are tracks muted/solo.  If other tracks are solo, then of course you hear nothing from your instrument track.

    What is the volume of the midi notes.

    Do you get audio only if you bounce, render or export the audio to mp3 etc.

    32GB RAM should be enough but if you have other stuff open perhaps you are using a lot of virtual memory.

    Is the sound so faint that you can't hear it.  Happened a lot to me.

    I often get no sound (or very faint sound) when I click on the keyboard in the VST GUI the first time.  I have to fiddle with the knobs or go into the settings and save them without making a change to get the keyboard in the VST GUI to make sound. I have to make sure no other track is solo.

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Daniel Immel

    I'm having the same problem today in logic pro 10.6.1. BBC Core was working fine last night but today not so much.

    My Originals (Intimate Strings) is working just fine with everything equal (same controller; MPK mini, same DAW, same output interface) but for some reason the Spitfire BBC player doesn't seem to be either receiving nor outputting midi info or sound, not even when I click the preview sound button do I hear anything.

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Hernan Romero

    same here

     

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • KEVIN BAKER

    I have had increasing luck with BBC SO Pro.  I had to vacuum my computer CPU heat sink to get the dust off and double the amount of RAM.  After any amount of rebooting and troubleshooting, I got it working. 

    I have Windows Pro 10 and Cakewalk by Bandlab as my DAW.  I found a good template, and it happened to work, however the template leaves the synths unconnected. So I have to connect each synth for each track as I need it.

    Because most of the patches are not multi-timbral, I used Sibelius to arrange my keyboard arrangement to Brass or Woodwind.

    Next I am working on articulation maps/expression maps to get the instruments more expressive.  Hopefully my story shines light on the end of the tunnel

     

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Daniel Immel

    So I got mine working last night. What "seems" to have made a difference was changing the Default Preset in the plug-in section of Settings to "NONE". After that it began working properly.

    I just double checked after a night of the computer being off and it's still working in the same manner; only difference is that when I went to confirm exactly where the setting was in the app it appeared as if it had reset the default preset....however upon opening a new instance of BBC Core it did not load a preset automatically but opened up the first preset that I chose without issue.

    Hope this helps one or more of you.

    Dan

     

    0
    Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.