For some users on Windows with Studio One version 5, there is a known GUI issue with the DAW in which DPI scaling must be disabled in order to prevent a crash.
To resolve this issue.
1. Right click on Studio One in your Program Files or the desktop shortcut.
2. Select 'Properties'
3. Choose the 'Compatibility' tab from the Properties window that appears
4. Click the 'Change high DPI settings' dialogue at the bottom of the Compatibility tab
5. Check the 'Override High DPI scaling behaviour' option
6. Select 'System (enhanced)' from the 'Scaling performed by' drop down menu.