Spitfire plug-in libraries are authorised per machine when installing. By default, you can not share a library between two computers from the same drive.
1) Download and install your library on your main computer to your portable drive.
2) Plug your hard drive into your second computer.
3) Inside the library folder, create a sub folder called Laptop, or iMac
(it is important this folder is identifiable to the system)
4) Inside the above folder, create a folder with the exact library name. For example: Spitfire Audio - Hans Zimmer Strings.
Note: The above image shows a holder for the second install as described in point 4. The Patches, Presets and Samples folder are for the previous install on the original computer. (Do not overwrite these)
5) On your second system, open the Spitfire Audio App. Repair the library into the custom created location. In this case
Spitfire Audio - Hans Zimmer Strings > iMac > Spitfire Audio - Hans Zimmer Strings
This link shows you how to repair a library
6) Once repaired, you see new patches and presets set up for your second system.
Relocating the Samples
Having repaired the files, you need to locate the sample content.
1) Open Spitfire.Properties in a text document. (Mac OS: Text Edit) (Windows: Note Pad)
Windows: C:/Users/[username]/AppData/Roaming/Spitfire Audio/Settings/spitfire.properties
Mac OS: User/Music/Spitfire Audio/Settings/spitfire.properties
Note: Prior to this, on MAC, ensure smart quote are not enabled in the Text Edit Preferences.
2) Find the library in this text document.
Edit the samples line to reflect the samples folder location.
In this case the samples folder is two above so the user would need to remove:
iMac\/Spitfire Audio - Hans Zimmer Strings\/